Monday 22 June 2020

Typing Practice (radio show tracklists, 2018)

Before I started this blog I put together a series of themed mixes for an Internet radio show a friend of mine was running.  Most of these never got broadcast, and the ones that did had a fairly small audience.  Since I haven't put together any of these proper in more than a year, I'm happy enough to declare that project concluded and start typing out the tracklists for you.

Show #1: friends (compiled 2018-04-26)

The Beach Boys - Friends
Don Everly - My Friend
Red Crayola - Keep All Your Friends
Pantherman - You Are My Friend
The Millennium - I Just Want To Be Your Friend
Tradition - Frenzied Friends and Friends
Wire - A Mutual Friend
Morita Doji - Letter For My Friend
YDI - Friends
Mad River with Richard Brautigan - Love's Not The Way To Treat A Friend
Black Tambourine - We Can't Be Friends
They Might Be Giants - I Found A New Friend
Jodie Abacus - I'll Be That Friend
Uncle Wiggly - Sitting With Our Friends
Arthur Russell - They and Their Friends
Leon Lowman - Friends
The Left Banke - My Friend Today
Robert Wyatt - Was A Friend
Big Star - Thank You Friends

Show #2: hiphop (compiled 2018-04-27)

Divine Styler - Grey Matter
Orko the Sycotik Alien - Tape Hiss (feat. Millennium)
Sensational - Craving Satisfaction
Edan - The Science of the Two (feat. Insight)
MF DOOM - No Snakes Alive (Feat. Jet Jaguar, King Ghidra, & Rodan)
Unique - Pure Dynamite
Hip City Swingers - I'm the Man
Nonchalant - Lazy Afternoon
Organized Konfusion - The Extinction Agenda
The Juggaknots - Trouble Man
Zion I - Revolution (B-Boy Anthem) (feat. Vin Roc)
Nickelus F - Da Reaper
Leak Bros - See Thru
Gangrene - Livers For Sale
Eyedea & Abilities - By the Throat

Show #3: 1981 (compiled 2018-04-27)

Neon - Remote Control
Secret Mammals - Cost Too Much
Colored Music - Colored Music
The Warlord - Black Knight
Marlin Wallace - Mark of the Beast
Fuzz - Satan's Fans
These Eyes - Soca Hustle
Mission of Burma - Max Ernst
DV8 - Guns on the Right
The Slits - Earthbeat/Daichi no Oto
39 Lyon Street - Kites
Martin Briley - I Don't Feel Better
Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
DEVO - Race of Doom
Todd Rundgren - Compassion
Chakra - Free

Show #4: 2018 (compiled 2018-04-30)

Iceage - The Day the Music Dies
awakebutstillinbed - Fathers
Tram Cops - Coming Up
Elysia Crampton - Nativity
Gwenno - Aremorika
Anna & Elizabeth - Mother in the Graveyard
Panopticon - A Ridge Where the Tall Pines Once Stood
Palm - Color Code
Simmy - Ubala (feat. Sun-El Musician)
Optiganally Yours - How Do You Feel?
The Armed - Role Models
U.S. Girls - Rosebud
Sudan Archives - Nont For Sale
Lolina - The River
Cheer-Accident - Last But Not Lost
Oneida - All In Due Time
Forth Wanderers - Company
Janelle Monae - Take a Byte

I got 58 of these.  I'm gonna stop here for now.  More later, maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment